On Tuesday, March 13, Center for Ethical Leadership in the Media, a bold new initiative to stop sexual harassment and assault in newsrooms, create safe and healthy workplaces for women and men, and ensure the integrity of the American press will announce the launch of their organization at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C.
This event will begin with reception sponsored by the National Press Club Journalism Institute at 11:30 a.m., followed by the official launch of Center for Ethical Leadership in the Media by the organization’s founding members and a panel discussion from noon – 2 p.m. led by PBS NewsHour’s Judy Woodruff on “Rules of Engagement: Creating Safe and Fair Newsrooms.”
- Ted Koppel, former Anchor and Managing Editor, ABC News/Nightline; CBS Contributor
- Jake Tapper, Anchor, CNN’s The Lead with Jake Tapper
- Sara Just, Executive Producer and Senior Vice President, PBS NewsHour
- Ari Wilkenfeld, employment attorney, Wilkenfeld, Herendeen & Atkinson
- Center for Ethical Leadership in the Media founding members